At younger age students who get a quality arts education are:
* 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
* Have lower rates of behaviorial problems
* Have higher attendance rates
* Have higher graduation rates
* Aids in the development of self-esteem, self-discipline and self-motivation
At-risk students who have access to the arts also tend to have better academic results, better career opportunities, and more civic engagement, according to the NEA’s new report, The Arts and Achievement in At-Risk Youth.